Terms and Conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions. As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 0141 474 4475 .
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the ceremony booked by you (the Customer or you). We are Thistle Ceremonies Trading Ltd a company registered in Scotland under number SC685977 whose registered office is at Deepdene Road , Scotland , G61 1NS with email address firstname.lastname@example.org ; telephone number 0141 474 4475 ; (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Ceremonies to you. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by ticking a tick box marked 'I Accept'. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Booking. You can only purchase the Ceremonies from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside their trade, business, craft or profession;
4. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Ceremonies
5. Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the required and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
6. Ceremonies means any Ceremonies that we supply to you as set out in the Booking.
7. Booking means the Customer's order for the Ceremonies from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
9. Services means the services advertised on the Website, including any services, of the number and description set out in the Booking;
10. Website means our website https://thistle.one on which the Services are advertised.
11. Our ceremonies are tailored to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide is accurate.
12. All ceremonies which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
13. We can make changes to the ceremonies which are necessary to comply with any applicable law. We will notify you of these changes.
14. If you Book a Wedding (legal Scottish marriage or civil partnership) ceremony, then it is your responsibility to ensure the Marriage Application Form (M10 for marriages and CP10 for civil partnerships) is submitted correctly and within the timescale as set out by the NRS (National Records of Scotland). Failure to do so could result in you having to postpone your marriage or civil partnership.
15. You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the ceremony, provide us with all information required to perform the ceremony and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed).
16. Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend any ceremony until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect on written notice to you.
18. We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
19. The description of the ceremonies in our website does not constitute a contractual offer of booking. When a booking has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will tell you the reason without delay.
20. The booking process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the booking. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the booking process correctly.
21. A Contract will be formed for the Services ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the booking (Booking Confirmation). You must ensure that the Booking Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the booking placed by you. By booking you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Booking Confirmation). You will receive the Booking Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than 48 hours after placing the booking.
22. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the ceremony, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
Fees and Payment
23. The fees (Fees) for the ceremony is that set out on the Website at the date we accept the booking or such other price as we may agree in writing.
24. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your booking and we can take full payment immediately or a 20% deposit.
25. Full payment must be made 90 days before your ceremony date.
i. If the round trip to your venue from the celebrants residence is more than 50 miles, then your celebrant will charge £0.50p per mile thereafter. Please check with your celebrant of choice to see if a separate cost will apply.
26. We will deliver your ceremony at the location and on the date and time specified in your booking or any subsequent agreed amended date, time and location.
Withdrawal returns and cancellation
27. You can withdraw from the booking by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason.
28. You can cancel the Contract at any time after the Contract has been made.
a. If you cancel with more than 90 days remaining before your ceremony all funds except the 20% deposit will be refunded.
b. If you cancel within 90 days of your ceremony and more than 28 days prior to your ceremony date, then 50% of the ceremony cost will be refunded.
c. If you cancel within 28 days of your ceremony, no funds will be refunded.
29. The cancellation period will expire on the day of your ceremony.
30. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg confirmation via letter sent by post or email). You must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made.
31. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Conformity and Guarantee
32. We will provide the following after-sales service: Once you have booked, your celebrant of choice will contact you to write a personalised script for your ceremony. Depending on distance and Covid-19 regulations this may be in person, via online platform, email or telephone. After you have received the final script you can still make amendments up to 24 hours before your ceremony - however more notice is preferred if possible. There is no additional charge for script amendments.
33. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
35. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
a. 'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the GDPR.
b. 'GDPR' means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
c. 'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
36. We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the ceremony to you.
37. Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can delivery your ceremony to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the ceremony to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
a. before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
b. we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
c. we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data;
d. we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
38. For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: email@example.com.
39. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of Scotland.
40. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland or, where the Customer lives in England and Wales or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively England and Wales or Northern Ireland.
41. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs you should contact contact a member of the Thistle family to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days.
42. We aim to follow these codes of conduct, copies of which you can obtain as follows: Marriage Celebrants - NRS Policy on Authorisation.
Copyright © 2022 Thistle Ceremonies Trading Ltd All Rights Reserved. Thistle Ceremonies Trading Ltd is a registered Scottish company SC685977 and a trading subsidiary of registered Scottish charity Thistle Ceremonies SCIO SC051684.